Photo: Careful management at our Singapore facility
A responsible supply chain
We work with our suppliers to create a viable, high-quality, trustworthy supply chain that supports our business objectives. In particular, we focus on the sourcing of raw materials; labor policies and practices; compliance with environmental legislation; and transport.
We also strengthen our attention where there are specific local risks – for example, placing a stronger focus on business ethics in regions where corruption is known to exist.
Ethics and governance
To maintain the trust which is at the core of our business, we place great emphasis on conducting our business with honesty and integrity, complying with best practice, and conforming to the highest standards of corporate governance. Our principles are shaped by codes and charters which underpin the ethical backbone of our management practices: our Code of Ethics, signed by all employees, our anti-fraud policy, our whistle-blowing line, our Purchasing CSR charter.
Risk management and control
A distinctive feature of our business is that security, and therefore risk management, is an intrinsic part of our solutions and devices. As some potential risks could impact our business’s operational security, integrity and continuity, we see effective risk management as part of our responsibility to customers, investors, employees and other stakeholders. Our customers trust us to make it integral to our service and our culture.
Standards, compliance and management systems
- Our sites and management systems are compliant with several ISO standards and are subject to annual assessment and external certification. These include: Quality (ISO 9001), Environment (ISO 14001), Health and Safety (OHSAS 18001) and Security (ISO 27001).
- We support and comply with the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Labor Organization’s standards.
- We apply a set of management systems including Risk management; Security management; Environmental management; and Quality management.
- We follows a deep-rooted policy of responsible financial management
- We are committed to be in full compliance with international, regional and local laws and regulations relative to customs and trade controls applicable to the Group wherever it does business.
We continue to focus on improving our processes to ensure that our products comply with RoHS, REACH and WEE directives and regulations.
Gemalto sustainability report