Our Responsible Purchasing Model and program is fully in line with Gemalto's support of the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC). We signed up to the UNGC in September 2009 to benchmark our policies and results against world-class standards. We also wanted to make sure our current practices were aligned with the Compact's ten principles on human rights, labor rights, anti-corruption and the environment.
Our purchasing CSR Charter represents a mutual pledge to improve the lives of workers within our global supply chain, to contribute to environmental protection, and ensure healthy, fair and transparent business relationships. Specifically, its key areas cover:
- Equality and Freedom of Association;
- Abolishing Forced Labor;
- Eliminating Child Labor;
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety laws in the workplace;
- Taking part in local economic and social development;
- Fighting against corruption in all its forms;
- Adopting a "fair attitude" (in relation to stakeholders);
- Complying with local, national and international environmental legislation;
- Undertaking initiatives to reduce the environmental impact of operations and products;
- Promoting procurement which limits the use of natural and non-renewable resources.
- REACH regulation 1907/2006/EC
• When to update: first status then when the regulation changes
• For European suppliers :
- English version:
- French version:
• For non European suppliers : English version:
- RoHS regulation 2011/65/EC
• When to update: first status then every 2 years
- Gemalto hazardous substances list
- This specification identifies materials that should not be contained in materials, parts, components or products supplied to Gemalto
- Contains directives such as packaging and waste packaging 94/62/CE and battery 91/157/EEC directives
- When to update: when a new list is issued or
when there is a product change
Download the document
As a member of the UN Global Compact Charter, Gemalto is eager to only use conflict free metals to manufacture its products.
Therefore, Gemalto has taken and will take due diligence with the very few suppliers providing such metals in their supply, that all their products sold to Gemalto are indeed "DRC conflict free."
Download the document
We welcome your comments and questions about Gemalto's corporate responsibility efforts.