Graphical personalization involves any variable information that is put on the card surface. This can include cardholder name or any other unique identifier such as credit card number, validity date, etc.
Gemalto offers card issuers a range of graphical personalization techniques such as embossing/indent, thermal transfer and laser with options such as barcode, photo and label to be printed on the card.
A new option is now entering our portfolio: the Drop On Demand printing.
What is new today?
The Drop On Demand printing:
- 4 times better abrasion resistance and adhesion than thermal transfer
- A higher print resolution,accuracy and durability than other graphical personalization techniques
- The most flexible personalization options (font, size, placement, color)
- More visual possibilities: combination & large range of colors
- Approved by most international payment schemes – including Visa and MasterCard.
Learn more on “Drop on Demand” Printing
Commonly used in the printing industry, the Drop on Demand printing is an inkjet personalization appreciated for its highest flexibility.
Visually, it differs from the embossing or indent printing as the printing is done without height or depth variations, kind of “flat” personalization.
The first time Drop-on-Demand technology will be used for EMV cards
Gemalto has developed the first innovative technology able to apply inkjet printing to personalize EMV cards.
Our EMV cards can fully benefit of this highest flexibility, print accuracy and durability such as full card area personalization, signatures, barcodes, QR codes...