Providing the best network traffic management
With the explosion of Smartphone subscriptions (from 1.1 billion in 2012 3.3 billion in 2018), the mobile technology market has drastically changed consumer behavior leading to a tremendous mobile data traffic growth (x 13 from 2012 to 2017 – Cisco VNI 2013).
In parallel, technological developments are rapidly raising the use of Wi-Fi as a connection channel by mobile users, which has become the preferred option over traditional mobile cellular networks for wireless connectivity.
Recent figures show that Wi-Fi data traffic will reach
46% in 2017 of total mobile data traffic (Cisco VNI 2013). Most of users see Wi-Fi as part of a seamless, integrated means to gain the constant connectivity that their mobile lives and devices demand.
That’s why mobile operators now believe that offloading data traffic to Wi-Fi networks has a significant role in helping them avoid saturated networks and unhappy customers.
Gemalto’s Advanced Wi-Fi Services help MNOs tackle network saturation and provide the best network to complement 4G deployments. As a result, they can answer the demand of increasing data usage with lower distribution costs per GB compared to traditional networks.
Gemalto is offering an intelligent global software solution which:
- Automatically manages networks across different technologies (3G/4G/Wi-Fi)
- Applies business rules (time, location, bandwidth, network coverage) to implement the most suitable network switch
- Securely accesses data using carriers’ Wi-Fi or public Wi-Fi
- Seamlessly offloads subscribers to Wi-Fi network to ensure the highest quality of service
- Network selection based on a rich business logic
- Standards-based authentication (WISPr, EAP-SIM/AKA, WEP, WPA)
- Detailed QoE analytics
- Access Network Discovery and Selection Function (ANDSF) fonctionality support
- Reducing data traffic saturation, decongesting 3G networks
- Complementing 4G deployment while feeding exploding customer data demand
- Increasing customer loyalty
- Considerable saving on data distribution costs : up to 1€/subs/month
- High and measurable ROI
- Seamless and secure access to Wi-Fi connection and data
- Enhanced user experience with a very high quality of reception
- Unlimited access to data whenever required