Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, Feb 24, 2014
- Gemalto (Euronext NL0000400653 GTO), the world leader in digital security, returns to Mobile World Congress with a comprehensive portfolio of solutions to enable customers to offer trusted services at every point throughout the mobile value chain, together creating the Mobile Trust Net
. As part of this Mobile Trust Net
range of offers, Gemalto’s embedded software, secure devices, platforms and hosted services create a secure eco-system in which end users can have confidence in the ability of their mobile devices to manage sensitive data. With six billion mobile connections in a consumer-centric world where new relationships and business models are being defined, the need to establish this Mobile Trust Net
is poised to underpin the rapid developments in Mobile Payments, Mobile ID, Mobile Connectivity and the Internet of Things.
Powerful mobile technologies and consumer trends are converging at breakneck speed around the world. LTE networks are proliferating, contactless smartphones becoming more and more widespread, and, by 2020, an estimated 50 billion machines will be interconnected. Operators, banks, retailers, enterprises and governments alike are looking to harness these changes, creating new revenue streams and strengthening customer loyalty. Creating a trusted service-deployment environment enables every player in the mobile arena to build and implement new value-added services that their customers want quickly, easily, securely and cost effectively.
The full range of Mobile Trust Net solutions leverages Gemalto’s unique position at the heart of mobile convergence, unrivaled security expertise and incorporates recognized global standards to address all the key security points within the mobile services value chain. Scalability and reliability will determine the most critical assets in the coming years for service providers aspiring to engage with billions of end users and ensure the ability to handle potentially explosive rates of service adoption.
Visitors to the Gemalto stand at Mobile World Congress will see the Mobile Trust Net in action, demonstrating how:
- In Hong Kong, the UpTeq Multi-tenant NFC SIM is allowing residents to use their mobile NFC devices to pay for travel on public transport, shop at retail outlets and pay for car parking.
- In the M2M sector, Gemalto is enabling automotive OEMs to deploy innovative service offers to end customers, using the Advanced Subscription Manager to support instant connectivity and flexible mobile subscription.
- In Mobile Retail, enterprises are partnering with Gemalto to strengthen and personalize customer relationships, using tools that include powerful, multi-channel Mobile Wallets to reach beyond payments and encompass the entire shopping experience.
- In Mobile ID, Gemalto is empowering mobile phone users by allowing them to authenticate, digitally sign and confirm transactions and payments, anytime and anywhere, direct from their handsets.
Meet Gemalto and its Mobile Trust Net
offers, and discover our Mobile Wallet Wall with some of our major live deployments at this year’s Mobile World Congress – Hall 5 Stand 5A80, for more information visit http://www.gemalto.com/mobile_world_congress/
Gemalto (Euronext NL0000400653 GTO) is the world leader in digital security with 2012 annual revenues of €2.2 billion and more than 10,000 employees operating out of 83 offices and 13 Research & Development centers, located in 43 countries.
We are at the heart of the rapidly evolving digital society. Billions of people worldwide increasingly want the freedom to communicate, travel, shop, bank, entertain and work – anytime, everywhere – in ways that are enjoyable and safe. Gemalto delivers on their expanding needs for personal mobile services, payment security, authenticated cloud access, identity and privacy protection, eHealthcare and eGovernment efficiency, convenient ticketing and dependable machine-to-machine (M2M) applications. We develop secure embedded software and secure products which we design and personalize. Our platforms and services manage these products, the confidential data they contain and the trusted end-user services made possible.
Our innovations enable our clients to offer trusted and convenient digital services to billions of individuals. Gemalto thrives with the growing number of people using its solutions to interact with the digital and wireless world.
For more information visit www.gemalto.com, www.justaskgemalto.com, blog.gemalto.com, or follow @gemalto on Twitter.
Gemalto Media Contacts:
Find Gemalto's Media Contacts in your region.