• Gemalto is now part of the Thales Group, find out more.

Gemalto Dynamic Code Card

A differentiator that offers cardholders peace-of-mind shopping experience

Optelio Dynamic Code verification

Gemalto Dynamic Code Card aims to provide cardholders with a peace-of-mind shopping experience by preventing fraudulent Card-Not-Present (CNP) transactions.

Cardholders feel unsafe when making a CNP transaction

Most fraud comes from CNP transactions today. Unsurprisingly, cardholders are anxious about CNP transaction security. 56% of cardholders shop online without being fully confident about security and 21% of cardholders have experienced fraud in the past. (Source: Gemalto Consumer Research Project, 2015)

Issuers are heavily impacted by CNP fraud

 Cardholders significantly change their behaviors after experiencing it, which eventually results in huge revenue losses: 70% of cardholders will never use replacement cards again and the other 30% spend less than half the amount they previously spent before they became victims of fraud. (Source: Gemalto Key Account, 2017).​

Business and customers 
Business and customers 

Differentiate yourself with Gemalto Dynamic Code Card

Gemalto Dynamic Code Card gives cardholders a peace-of-mind shopping experience. As a result, it can be a powerful differentiator for issuers operating in a crowded market. 78% of cardholders would like their bank to offer it to them. Furthermore, it can significantly boost card spending because 67% of cardholders say they would use it instead of other cards. (Source: Gemalto Consumer Research Project, 2015)

Gemalto Dynamic Code Card is an ISO standard EMV card that is certified by major payment schemes (Visa and Mastercard), replacing the traditional static security code with an e-paper screen to display the dynamic code that automatically changes over time. This approach means that a fraudulent transaction with compromised, out-of-date code will be immediately identified and declined.

Business and customers 
Business and customers 

Go with Gemalto: A brand you can trust

Choosing Gemalto Dynamic Code Card means benefiting from the company's leading expertise in EMV and display card technology. Gemalto has 15 years of experience in E-paper screens and has delivered more than 4 million cards. Gemalto also provides a full portfolio of authentication, end-point protection and fraud management solutions to more than 100 million online users throughout the world.

Gemalto Dynamic Code Card can be optionally integrated with wider Gemalto E-commerce solutions that target CNP fraud, including mobile app and the Confirm Authentication Server.

DCV Server
DCV Mobile Solution

​​ ​​​


  • Gemalto Dynamic Code Verification

    Eliminate eCommerce fraud with dynamic CVV or CVC codes. Unchanged cardholder experience, no merchant integration. Available as a secure display card or in a mobile app.

    Watch video