The Thales Cogent Iris Scanner CIS202 is a high speed iris image capture device that can simultaneously capture both irises in less than two seconds.
Compliant with NIST SAP level 40, CIS202 has near infrared illuminators, LED lighting, and built-in spectral imaging sensitivity control to capture light in the range of 700-900 nanometers.
The image output meets industry interchange format specifications by supporting ANSI NIST Type-17 records, with raw images conformant to ISO 19794-6 rectilinear image standards.
For civil and law enforcement biometric applications
Enclosed in a durable and adjustable casing that meets IP 54 rating, CIS202's sturdy, hand-friendly goggle design is ideal for biometric applications in civil identity management and law enforcement such as:
- civil registry enrollment,
- biometric document issuance,
- applicant identification,
- border control,
- and inmate release management.
Iris scanner at work for Aadhaar in India
The Aadhaar program utilizes the CIS 202 Dual Iris Scanner.
The roots of Thales' involvement in the Aadhaar project stretch right back to the very beginning. In the search for biometric enrolment solutions capable of capturing fingerprint and iris scans from over one billion people, the Indian authorities turned in particular to 3M Cogent– now a Thales company.
Iris scanner features
- Simultaneous dual iris capture
- IP 54 rating, optional IP 65 hardened housing available
- Unaffected by ambient lighting
- Adjustable interpupillary distance
- Compliant with NIST SAP Level 40
- Compliant with ANSI NIST and ISO image interchange format
- Meets safety standards for LED products
- Easy-to-clean housing