Automated Biometric Identification Systems (ABIS) have proven to be accurate and efficient in helping keep communities safe. But having a local or regional system can serve more granular needs than the state or country-wide system.
Benefits of a Local/Regional ABIS
- Include misdemeanor/low-level charges
- Identify repeat offenders
- Track crime patterns more quickly at a local level
- Improve processing times when database has thousands vs. millions of records
- Integrate the biometric modalities your agency needs when you need it
- Upgrade according to your agency's needs and as budgets allow
We are getting hits in our local database that we know have been missed in the larger state database. This allows us to solve crimes at a higher rate of efficiency while also increasing the number of suspect identifications.Jenn Yoak, Miami Valley Crime Lab, Ohio, USA.