With built-in high-performance processing and networking the Gemalto Intelligent Document Reader AT10Ki inspects, authenticates or captures data from electronic travel and identity documents quickly and reliably in cloud and virtual computing environments.
The Intelligent "i" series readers include an embedded Arm® processor running Linux® meaning that for networked mode all the document processing is carried out on the reader.
Ready for the cloud the Gemalto AT10Ki uses web style encrypted JSON messaging to simplify application development, deployment and maintenance. For the customer this means:
- The AT10Ki can connect to any mobile device, phone or tablet
- The reader can be used in pool mode connecting to multiple devices (you can create reader farms)
- A single computer can connect to multiple readers
- Flexible install options
- Lower development and life time IT costs
- Direct connection with Software as a Service (SaaS) and enterprise back-end applications
Designed for use in demanding border management scenarios, it also serves banking, hospitality, travel and any other industries where you need accurate and reliable document and ID verification and reading.
The design of the Gemalto AT10Ki is based on detailed and exhaustive analysis of field experience and numerous deployed projects. With a new "landing lights" LED feedback arrangement and document hold down clip it naturally encourages the correct placement and use of the reader, regardless if the user is left or right handed, maximizing first time read rate for faster customer processing. Gemalto has created a new stylish look that will fit into the décor of the most upmarket customer facing service desks.
- On board dual core Arm® Cortex® A9 processor with Linux® OS runs image processing and RFID functions in reader> USB3.1, Ethernet, Wi-Fi & Bluetooth® interfaces
- Web-API host interface, Web-UI browser interface and legacy USB modes of operation
- Data security built in by design
- Easy connection to enterprise and SaaS applications for document authentication and verification, hotel property management systems and biometrics management
- Full management and diagnostic interfaces
- "Landing lights" & tick/cross user LEDs and new silk screen design makes document placement and reading very intuitive
- Reads ID cards and barcodes placed at any rotation on the glass and presents images correct way up based on features in document
- Reads and images multiple types of documents in Visible, Infra-red and Ultra-violet light using 24-bit color and true-color image matching technology to provide vibrant accurate colors and images can be saved in BMP, PNG or JPEG format
- Anti-glare technology eliminates image artifacts due to reflective laminates or OVDs
- OCR data capture of the Machine Readable Zone (MRZ) & 1D/2D barcode reading from paper and mobile boarding passes
- Auto-triggering of document capture – presence of document is automatically detected
- Hoodless operation in most environments using proprietary ambient light removal algorithms – even on UV images
- User removable hood and optional document spine hold down clip provide flexibility for the user to operate in their preferred style
- Low scratch, low-iron glass with Oleophobic coating for low maintenance & easy cleaning
- Corning® Gorilla® Glass (optional) to improve durability
- Powered from USB, Power over Ethernet (POE) or external power supply
- Internally sealed optical chamber prevent dust ingress