Online Identity Verification Service
Find out how you can optimize your customer acquisition processes through online channels and reduce identity fraud. Our multi-channel solution allows your customers to self-enroll online with their smartphone, quickly and easily, anytime anywhere.
In store Identity Verification Service
Reduce identity fraud and streamline your sales processes : with our automated, easy to use ID verification service, benefit from a systematic approach across all your stores and improve your customer care activities.
Mobile operators are facing an increasing threat from identity fraud, either during the customer enrollment process or involving SIM swaps and fraudulent online financial transactions. These can result in heavy financial losses and damaged brand reputation. In addition to this, operators must comply with national regulations on ID registration when activating new subscriptions.
Gemalto ID Verification is a comprehensive solution for secure customer enrollment, providing customers with a real-time seamless onboarding experience that minimizes the risk of fraud.
Why is strong identity
verification critical for MNOs?
Effective identity verification is key to tackling subscription fraud and its financial consequences. It is also more and more imposed by international and local regulations
Our fully automatic Identity Verification Service includes:
Identity document verification - verifying the authenticity of the document
Customer authentication - authenticating the holder as the rightful owner
Risk assessment - evaluating the risk linked to a customer through checks on control lists
ID verification report - report generation for audit purposes
Automatic form filling - easing customer enrollment and limiting manual errors.
A multi-channel and flexible service to fit your needs
- You can choose the right level of security that best fits your business, and opt for either a SaaS or software-based enterprise application, depending on your needs.
- Flexible level of integration
- You can adapt it to your customer acquisition processes, in-store or remotely, online:
In-store ID verification with the use of scanners, mobile devices such as smart phones, tablets and self-service kiosks
Remote ID verification, online, through mobile app or web browser
Benefits for operators:
- Minimizes Identity fraud, representing millions of euros per year in losses
- Guarantees secure management of customers' private data
- Easy to integrate – can be run in SaaS mode
- Compliant with increasing security regulations
- Reduces operating costs associated with document management
- Improves the customer experience and facilitates enrollment process
- Protects your brand reputation
An unrivaled experience in secure identity documents
- An offer which has been deployed in over 40
Document Verification projects in the private and public sectors worldwide
- We own one of the largest ID document database in the world
- We have unmatched expertise in encryption, security and privacy schemes
- We work closely with worldwide experts in identity fraud. You can be assured that your solution will include the very latest developments in ID security features
- We have strong expertise in biometric technology and have deployed biometric technology programs in over 35 countries
- Gemalto is the world's leading provider of secure identity documents for governments (ABI Research 2014 and 2015 studies)
Gemalto continues to innovate at the forefront of the ID market. In line with future market trends, the company is placing the emphasis on eGovernment enablement regardless of the device used by citizens - computers, smartphones, tablets and more.
Phil Sealy, senior analyst at ABI Research.
Related Blog Articles
ID fraud versus MNOs – who's winningStrong ID verification and the MNO opportunity
ID verification will be a hidden trend at MWC 2017
5 facts you didn’t know about the role of MNOs in eIDAS regulations
6 ways ID Verification is flawed in the age of digital banking