Amsterdam, May 19, 2016 - Gemalto (Euronext NL 0000400653 GTO), the world leader in digital security, announces that its Annual General Meeting of Shareholders ("AGM"), held today in the Netherlands, approved all the resolutions proposed by the Board.
Among these resolutions were:
- Adoption of the Company's 2015 financial statements.
- Distribution of a cash dividend of €0.47 per share in respect of the financial year 2015. The time schedule related to the dividend payment will be as follows:
May 24, 2016: Ex-dividend date, i.e. the date as of which shares are traded without the right to the dividend.
May 25, 2016: Dividend record date, i.e. the date on which the positions of the shareholders need to be recorded as per close of business in order to be entitled to the distribution.
May 26, 2016: Payment date of dividend.
Gemalto shares will trade ex-dividend as from the beginning of the trading session on May 24, 2016. Holders of Gemalto shares on May 25, 2016 who would not have previously sold their shares will be able to freely trade their shares on the stock exchange as from such date and will not need to block their shares until the payment date of the dividend to benefit from such dividend.
- Reappointment of Mr. Olivier Piou as Executive Board member until August 31, 2016 and appointment of Mr. Olivier Piou as Non-executive Board member as of September 1, 2016 until the close of the 2020 AGM.
- Appointment of Mr. Philippe Vallée as Executive Board member as of September 1, 2016 until the close of the 2020 AGM.
- Reappointment of Mr. Johannes Fritz as Non-Executive Board Member until the close of the 2018 AGM.
- Reappointment of Ms. Yen Yen Tan as Non-Executive Board Member until the close of the 2020 AGM.
- Renewal of the authorization of the Board to repurchase shares in the share capital of the Company as well as extension of authorization of the Board to issue shares and to grant rights to acquire shares in the share capital of Gemalto with or without the power to limit or exclude pre-emptive rights accruing to shareholders.
The agenda and other relevant detailed information concerning the AGM are available on the Company's investor website at http://www.gemalto.com/investors/agm/agm-2016.
Gemalto (Euronext NL0000400653 GTO) is the global leader in
digital security, with 2015 annual revenues of €3.1 billion and customers in over 180 countries. We bring trust to an increasingly connected world.
Our technologies and services enable businesses and governments to authenticate identities and protect data so they stay safe and enable services in personal devices, connected objects, the cloud and in between.
Gemalto’s solutions are at the heart of modern life, from payment to enterprise security and the internet of things. We authenticate people, transactions and objects, encrypt data and create value for software – enabling our clients to deliver secure digital services for billions of individuals and things.
Our 14,000+ employees operate out of 118 offices, 45 personalization and data centers, and 27 research and software development centers located in 49 countries.
For more information visit
www.gemalto.com, or follow
@gemalto on Twitter.